In recent years there have been many stories in the press about how Omega 3 from Fish Oil can be good for you. Many food brands such as bread spreads and yoghurts have begun to proudly advertise that their products contain Omega 3.
But what is Omega 3 and how can it benefit your health? Today we will explore these questions in greater detail and find the most popular reasons for incorporating Omega 3 from Fish Oil in your diet today.
Top 5 Health Benefits of Omega 3
1. Reduce Risk or Heart Attacks / Strokes – One of the most popular claims of Omega 3 is how it can help improve the health of your heart. But how can fish oil reduce the chances of a heart attack or stroke? Omega 3 can help break up plaque and prevent it from clogging up artery which is a leading cause of a heart attack. Omega 3 uses a similar cycle to prevent blockages which cause blood clots, a leading cause of strokes.
2. Improve brain function – Omega 3 has been clinically proven over various trials to improve brain function and focus. In 2012 a Canadian University discovered that Omega 3 fatty oils improved the memory of the majority of test samples compared to those who did not have Omega 3 in their diet.
3. Enhance cardiovascular health / Lower Cholesterol – Patients with a history of high cholesterol are recommended by Health Experts to supplement more Omega 3 into their diet to help reduce cholesterol levels. The rich fatty acids of the fish oil are used to improve the arteries within your body and enhance the effectiveness of your cardiovascular system.
4. Reduce risk of depression – Several research facilities around the world have discovered that an Omega 3 rich diet can help to reduce the risk of depression in adults. Omega 3 has been proven to enhance your Brain’s neuronal connections which can have a large effect on your mood and mental well being.
5. Improve Fertility – Several leading studies have shown that there is a link between fertility and the amount of fish oil you consume in your diet. The key to this success is how Omega 3 fish oil can help to both balance and improve hormone levels.
We hope that this guide has helped you to understand the benefits of Omega 3 from Fish Oil. By changing your diet to supplement Omega 3 you can enjoy many positives in your lifestyle without any negative side effects. Omega 3 will continue to be a popular supplement and the healthy fish oil will benefit millions of people around the world for many more years to come.